REDWOOD CITY, Calif., June 4, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OncoMed Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Nasdaq:OMED), a clinical-stage company developing novel therapeutics that target cancer stem cells (CSCs), or tumor-initiating cells, will present new data at the upcoming 19 th European Hematology Association (EHA) Congress related to the company's anti-Notch1 (OMP-52M51) clinical-stage program.
At the EHA Congress, OncoMed will present the first data for its proprietary Next Generation DNA Sequencing (NGS) assay developed with MolecularMD (Portland, OR) to identify Notch1 mutation status in patients with certain hematologic malignancies. Notch1 mutations have been linked to more refractory lymphoid malignancies, such as chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), mantle cell lymphoma, and others, putting patients at greater risk for poor outcomes and reduced overall survival. OncoMed's Notch1 mutation biomarker assay is being developed as a companion diagnostic to identify patients whose cancer may be more likely to benefit from treatment with the company's anti-Notch1 antibody, OMP-52M51. OncoMed is currently conducting two separate Phase 1 clinical studies of its Notch1 targeting antibody in patients with certain advanced solid and hematologic tumors, respectively.
The following abstract is available at the EHA website and has been selected for presentation during the Congress:
- Abstract #P861: Development and validation of a Notch1 custom NGS assay for identifying Notch1 mutations in chronic lymphocytic leukemia and other lymphoid malignancies Date and time: Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 5:45 PM – 7:00 PM Session: Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related disorders - Clinical 2
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV