MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE:MA) announced the results of its annual meeting of stockholders, held earlier today at the company's worldwide headquarters in Purchase, N.Y.
At the meeting:
- The full slate of 13 directors was elected for a one-year term, to expire at the next annual meeting of stockholders. Included in this group are two new board members, nominated earlier this year -- Julius Genachowski and Merit Janow
- The compensation plan for MasterCard's executive officers was approved on an advisory basis
- The appointment of PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP as the company's independent registered public accounting firm for 2014 was ratified
MasterCard’s Board of Directors also declared a cash dividend of $0.11 per share, payable on August 8, 2014, to holders of record of its Class A common stock and Class B common stock as of July 9, 2014.
During the meeting, Ajay Banga, president and CEO of MasterCard, addressed stockholders, noting, “We continue to see innovation in the payments space come through faster in the past five years than we had in the previous forty. MasterCard continues to develop the products and solutions that meet the needs of consumers today, while also anticipating how the convergence of the physical and digital worlds will change the way they shop and pay tomorrow.”About MasterCard Incorporated MasterCard (NYSE:MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MasterCardNews , join the discussion on the Cashless Pioneers Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts