Goodrich Petroleum (GDP) Showing Signs Of A Dead Cat Bounce Today
- GDP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $54.3 million.
- GDP has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- GDP is up 3.2% today.
- GDP was down 5.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GDP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GDP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GDP: Goodrich Petroleum Corporation, an independent oil and natural gas company, is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Goodrich Petroleum a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goodrich Petroleum has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goodrich has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.23 and a short float of 48.6% with 7.63 days to cover. Shares are up 61.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goodrich Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 119.10% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $6.56 million or 4.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, GOODRICH PETROLEUM CORP's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 17.46%.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, GOODRICH PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.51 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, GDP has a quick ratio of 0.56, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Goodrich Petroleum Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV