3 Stocks Pushing The Insurance Industry Lower
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- STATE AUTO FINANCIAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 34.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, STATE AUTO FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.49 versus $0.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.56 versus $1.49).
- The gross profit margin for STATE AUTO FINANCIAL CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 11.12%. Regardless of STFC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, STFC's net profit margin of 9.30% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $2.30 million or 71.25% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts