Late yesterday, the company, engaged in liquid natural gas LNG-related businesses, canceled its annual meeting scheduled for next week, because of a lawsuit that accuses the company of improperly awarding stock to employees that today would be valued at more than $1 billion, according to the Wall Street Journal.
The company said the meeting will be rescheduled for September.
- LNG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 108.40% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CHENIERE ENERGY INC has improved earnings per share by 18.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHENIERE ENERGY INC reported poor results of -$2.32 versus -$1.82 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$1.33 versus -$2.32).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, CHENIERE ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$18.22 million or 37.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: LNG Ratings Report