The grocery store operator disclosed that company chairman Ray D. Berry purchased shares of The Fresh Market in the last week. The chairman purchased a total of 435,000 shares of The Fresh Market over the past week at prices ranging from $30.04 to $30.44.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $56.17 million or 22.37% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 12.33%.
- TFM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.12 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Even though the company has a strong debt-to-equity ratio, the quick ratio of 0.24 is very weak and demonstrates a lack of ability to pay short-term obligations.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Food & Staples Retailing industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 25.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $22.12 million to $16.57 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TFM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV