PHILADELPHIA, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- FMC Corporation (NYSE: FMC) was recognized in three categories by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) at the 2014 Responsible Care ® Conference and Expo in May. The company also earned an award from the Industrial Minerals Association-North America (IMA-NA) at the association's annual meeting, also held in May. The awards acknowledge FMC's accomplishments in safety, product stewardship and energy efficiency.
FMC is a member of the ACC and a proud participant in the Responsible Care program, the industry's premier voluntary environmental, health, safety and security initiative. The ACC presented FMC with the following awards:
- Responsible Care Performance Award for member companies who excelled at helping the ACC meet industry safety and product stewardship targets. FMC won in this category for the second year in a row for U.S. operations.
- Responsible Care Facility Safety Awards for achievements in employee health and safety performance. FMC received certificates of achievement for its Newark, Del. and Bessemer City, N.C. sites, and Certificates of Excellence for the company's Rockland, Maine; Ewing, N.J.; and Middleport, N.Y. locations.
- Responsible Care Energy Efficiency Award for member companies that improve energy efficiency in their manufacturing operations through technical innovations, creative projects or novel procedures or actions. FMC was awarded the Significant Improvement in Manufacturing for "Precipitator Optimization" at the company's Granger plant in Green River, Wyo. The award resulted from a 2013 project to improve the performance of the facility's electrostatic precipitator, an air pollution control system that removes fine particles from the plant's boiler flue gas. The addition of the new hardware and software optimized ongoing operating performance and reduced the amount of energy required to maintain environmental compliance by 30 percent.
"We're honored by the ACC's recognition of FMC's performance and track record of continued improvement in safety and energy efficiency," said Linda Froelich, director of Global Sustainability for FMC. "The energy efficiency award is particularly gratifying because it points directly to our hard work at the company's Granger plant and ladders back to FMC's overall commitment and progress toward becoming a more sustainable organization."In addition to the ACC awards, FMC received the IMA-NA's award for the best overall safety record in the large company category for the second consecutive year at the company's Green River location. "At FMC, safety is our core value. It is the focus in what we do and how we do it every day," said Ed Flynn, president, FMC Minerals. "Receiving the IMA-NA Mine Safety Award for the second consecutive year is a testament to the dedication of our entire team – not just an individual or one group or management – to think and act safe." About FMCFMC Corporation is a diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial, environmental, and consumer markets globally for more than a century with innovative solutions, applications and quality products. In 2013, FMC had annual sales of approximately $3.9 billion. The company employs approximately 5,600 people throughout the world, and operates its businesses in three segments: FMC Agricultural Solutions, FMC Health and Nutrition, and FMC Minerals. For more information, visit www.FMC.com. SOURCE FMC Corporation
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts