BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) If you own a lot of tech stocks, you have my condolences. The tech sector has been a performance drag in 2014, barely holding above break-even while the S&P 500 has fought its way almost 5% higher since the calendar flipped to January. But that could be about to change.
As the broad market muscles its way to new highs this summer, the tech sector is starting to get some love again. But not all names are created equal. Some tech issues are going to deliver stellar outperformance in the next few months, while others will continue to auger themselves into the ground. So to find the winners this week, we're turning to the technicals to identify five attractive trades from the technology sector.For the unfamiliar, technical analysis is a way for investors to quantify qualitative factors, such as investor psychology, based on a stock's price action and trends. Once the domain of cloistered trading teams on Wall Street, technicals can help top traders make consistently profitable trades and can aid fundamental investors in better planning their stock execution. >>5 Toxic Stocks to Sell Before It's Too Late Without further ado, let's take a look at five technical setups worth trading now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV