3 Financial Stocks Driving The Sector Higher
2. As of noon trading, MetLife ( MET) is up $0.58 (1.1%) to $52.37 on average volume. Thus far, 2.9 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $51.61-$52.38 after having opened the day at $51.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.79. MetLife, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides insurance, annuities, and employee benefit programs in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. MetLife has a market cap of $57.3 billion and is part of the insurance industry. Shares are down 4.0% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. Currently there are 14 analysts who rate MetLife a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates MetLife as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full MetLife Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts