CINCINNATI, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) Family of Stores today invited customers to be inspired by the tastes and flavors of Mexico during a first-of-its-kind epicurean event in local stores called Savor World Flavor: Taste of Mexico .
Dozens of new product selections, cooking demonstrations and food sampling are planned during the company's first Savor World Flavor event for three weeks in June.
Customers can also visit http://experiencesavorworldflavor.com online to view recipes, watch videos, find a schedule of in-store events, register to win prizes – including three trips to Mexico – and more.
" Savor World Flavor is about re-igniting our customers' passion for food through the authentic tastes and cuisines of world cultures," said Michael Donnelly, Kroger's vice president of merchandising. "Carefully selected foods and recipes will create a unique fiesta for the senses in our stores during Taste of Mexico – and provide exciting and easy new options to help solve the daily question, 'what's for dinner?'"The popularity of Mexican cuisine is on the rise. Campbell's Culinary & Baking Institute named Regional Mexican one of the top ten food trends in 2014. Customers are invited to enjoy the complete Taste of Mexico experience beginning in stores later this week, and are encouraged to check with their local stores or at http://experiencesavorworldflavor.com for dates and times for sampling, cooking demos, games to win coupons and prizes, and more, including:
- Sample freshly-made guacamole and enjoy samplings of pineapple, mango and jicama complemented by Tajin spice in produce departments
- Find fresh tilapia, shrimp ceviche, chorizo and marinated cuts of beef, pork and chicken in meat and seafood departments
- Sample "fuego" cheeses in the deli, and bring home fresh and ready-to-eat meal solutions like chicken enchiladas rancheros, tamales, Sonoran chicken pasta, Yucatan corn and black bean salad or fiesta slaw
- Discover and sample authentic Mexican dishes that are easy to re-create in your kitchen, including Tinga de Pollo, Torta de Milanesa and Pescado a la Talla
- Treat yourself to hot churros daily at 4 pm for 99 cents
- Find authentic Mexican dessert options such as Tres Leche cakes, mango cake and caramel iced cupcakes
- Indulge in a special Horchata Frappucino available for a limited time only in Kroger Family of Stores Starbucks locations
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV