FORTUNE magazine announced that global technology distributor Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT) ranked No. 117 on the 2014 Fortune 500 list of largest U.S. companies, with $25.5 billion in sales in fiscal year 2013. This is Avnet’s 46 th anniversary of being featured on this distinguished list of companies. In addition, Avnet was recently recognized by FORTUNE on its “ Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies” list in the Wholesaler: Electronics category for the eighth year in a row.
“Our top priorities are strongly influenced by our commitment to profitable growth, our great people and capitalizing on our global reach, and our continued recognition on the Fortune 500 list is an acknowledgment of our ability to successfully implement strategies that focus on these priorities,” said Rick Hamada, CEO of Avnet, Inc. “It is also a testament to our employees’ dedication to being a premier partner of choice for our customers, suppliers and shareholders.”
Companies are ranked by total revenues for their respective fiscal years. Avnet debuted on the FORTUNE 500 in 1968, placing 467 th with revenue just over $146 million. For more information about the list, please visit http://fortune.com/500.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV