NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Triangle Petroleum (TPLM) stock is slipping Tuesday after receiving a downgrade to "neutral" from "buy" from Global Hunter. The firm lowered its rating on the oil and gas company after it reached its net-asset-value valuation of $10 a share.
By midday, shares had dropped 3.3% to $9.73.
- TPLM's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 255.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 175.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 92.40% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TPLM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 257.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$9.06 million to $14.25 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 499.49% to $69.85 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.46%.
- The gross profit margin for TRIANGLE PETROLEUM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 50.32%. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TPLM's net profit margin of 16.66% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TPLM Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV