Iconic Knickerbocker Hotel Re-Opens in Fall 2014
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The Knickerbocker Hotel is as original, vibrant and dynamic as New York City itself. An evening at the Knick drew movers and shakers -- politicians, entertainers, musicians and moguls -- it promised energy, extravagance and a chance to be part of something BIG. In fact, when John Jacob Astor IV first opened the doors in 1906, it was fondly known as the "42nd Street Country Club."
Enviably situated on the southeast corner of 42nd street, the Knickerbocker Hotel, overlooks Times Square between Broadway and Bryant Park. The luxury hotel will feature 330 guestrooms, including 40 suites.
Set to open in the fall of 2014, the Knickbocker will fuse its rich history with modern day functionality and contemporary design, honoring its past as an elegant retreat for socializing, business networking and superior accommodation.TheStreet's Jill Malandrino and Adam Leverone gain exclusive access to the iconic landmark as the developers bring the Knick back to life. Here are several pictures detailing the construction phase of the hotel.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV