By late morning, shares had fallen 5.9% to $33.51.
Gross gaming revenue over the month climbed 9.3% year over year, below an average estimate of 14.5% according to analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. Slower-than-expected growth is a concern after April gross gaming revenue rose a comparatively-soft 10.6% from a year earlier.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, MPEL has a quick ratio of 2.09, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 330.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.68% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MELCO CROWN ENTMT LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.15 versus $0.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.74 versus $1.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 345.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $53.78 million to $239.54 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MPEL Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts