The beverage company didn't announce any major products or partnerships during the meeting according to Seeking Alpha. Company executives said Monster will stick to its strengths during the year in an effort to protect the brand from "jumping the shark" and extending too far.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- MNST's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MNST has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.88, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- MONSTER BEVERAGE CORP has improved earnings per share by 48.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MONSTER BEVERAGE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.96 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.54 versus $1.96).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Beverages industry average. The net income increased by 50.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $63.50 million to $95.25 million.
- The gross profit margin for MONSTER BEVERAGE CORP is rather high; currently it is at 54.70%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.76% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: MNST Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts