- Online summer reading program for kids: Parents can register their children grades K–8 (ages 4–14) for the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge from now until September 5. Kids can log their reading minutes, win prizes and help set a new world record for summer reading. The goal is to beat last year's summer reading world record of 176,438,473 minutes.
- Daily tips and prizes for parents: Scholastic Parents Facebook has a summer calendar app with expert tips, articles and activities. Every Friday, parents can enter for the chance to win Friday Freebies prizes, including great books for their kids.
- Chat live with moms on Google+: Join Teach Mama and No Time for Flashcards bloggers for a chat about ways to keep kids reading all summer on Thursday, June 19 at 9 PM ET.
- Track reading minutes with a mobile app : Parents can monitor their children's progress and help their children enter reading minutes on-the-go with the free Scholastic Reading Timer app.
- 2014 summer booklists: Curated by Scholastic experts, these lists feature more than 700 books for children in Pre-K–8, including this year's " Reading Under the Stars"–themed list, which showcases books about space, stars and astronomy, as well as spooky stories to read by a campfire.
- Free book offer: Parents can receive a free Scholastic book by mail when they buy two specially marked packs of EVEREADY ® Gold ® batteries or EVEREADY ® flashlights and redeem the package codes online. Visit eveready.com/reader to learn more.
Parents: Free Summer Reading Resources For The Whole Family
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.