Comcast Business today launched the nation’s first wireless gateway service built specifically for a commercial environment with an integrated modem equipped to produce dual-band Wi-Fi signals. The Business Wireless Gateway allows entrepreneurs to assign one private wireless signal for their back-office needs and a separate public signal ( Xfinity WiFi) for customers or visitors, creating a simple and secure solution for businesses of all kinds that want to take advantage of the many benefits of Wi-Fi.
New Business Wireless Gateway from Comcast Business (Photo: Business Wire)
This device and Business WiFi service are included with most Comcast Business Internet plans, and Comcast Business supports the device and provides customer service 24/7.
“We are making the Business Wireless Gateway available nationwide because research has proven time and again that Wi-Fi is a game changer for brick and mortar based small businesses,” said John Guillaume, vice president of Product Development, Comcast Business. “Many different types of customers – coffee shops, law firms, real estate offices, gyms, libraries and more – want to attract and retain visitors to their location and give employees the tools they need to be more productive. Wi-Fi can be critical on both fronts, and this device can help make that easy to manage.”
A recent survey of “Main Street” small business owners by Bredin Research indicated that some small business owners who don’t offer public Wi-Fi to their patrons have concerns about technical support, cost and customer misuse. Developed by Cisco, Comcast’s new Business Wireless Gateway addresses each of these concerns and more:Private Wi-Fi
- Fast – more than enough Wi-Fi speed to handle the demands and multiple devices of today’s modern businesses.
- Private – a network that is separate and distinct from the public Wi-Fi, so the business is not impacted by activity by patrons.
- Cost Effective – included with most Comcast Business Internet tiers.
- Helps Productivity – through an expanded Internet experience for employees, who can connect wirelessly and quickly to the internal network, cloud applications and shared devices like printers.
- BYOD – the rising popularity of bring your own device (BYOD) policies further enhances the appeal of Wi-Fi in the business setting, as employees increasingly want to use their own devices for work.
- Speed – according to third party analysis, Xfinity WiFi is the fastest Wi-Fi in the nation.
- Happy Customers – ensure visitors’ Wi-Fi experience is positive, which can lead to repeat visits, customer loyalty and new business.
- Become a Destination – be a part of the largest public Wi-Fi network in the country and listed on an interactive Wi-Fi locator map – available through the Xfinity WiFi app and online.
- Easy Installation – no additional equipment or routers required for public Wi-Fi; the public and private Wi-Fi networks, available through one device, are set up by Comcast Business technicians.
- Increased mobility – Businesses will receive two logins to access millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots for business or personal purposes while on the go.