As an Apple fan, I liked seeing the aggression displayed yesterday.
Did you see Tim Cook every time he walked out on stage? This guy wasn't strolling up there. Every time, he came out he looked like he was on a mission. He couldn't wait to get up there and talk about what Apple was doing.
There were other takeaways, including that Craig Federighi is a great presenter (with even greater hair), but the other one that really stuck with me was the discussion of security in relation to opening up certain parts of iOS (most notably TouchID) to third parties and developers. Apple took a lot of time to explain just why iOS has been so bullet-proof on security (in contrast to Android, of course) and how Apple can continue to be this strong even as it allows others to access TouchID (and presumably other stuff like Siri down the road).
Apple clearly knows its strengths: the Apple ecosystem, things like family sharing, security, privacy, products that work magically. Monday's news on the software update all played to those strengths.But Apple also seems aware of its weaknesses: screen size, best-of-breed features, messaging and seamless cloud. Monday's news addressed all of those. Don't believe anyone who says that because Apple didn't introduce new hardware, its presentation was a disappointment. This was one of the most exciting displays of plumbing I've ever seen. At the time of publication, the author was long BBRY. Follow @ericjackson This article represents the opinion of a contributor and not necessarily that of TheStreet or its editorial staff. >>Read More: The Biggest Takeaway From Apple's WWDC Isn't What You Think It Is >>Read More: Apple PhotoKit Takes on Facebook Photos, Instagram: Stock Twits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV