NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Momentum stocks fell hard early in the year, but have been trending up during the past few weeks. Today I look at five momentum stocks that I profiled on May 13 and crunch the numbers again to see if and when you should invest.
Apple ($628.65) is up 6% since May 12, setting a multiyear intraday high at $644.17 on May 30. The stock faded on Monday after the company didn't announce any new consumer products at the opening of its Worldwide Developers Conference. Apple is above all five key moving averages in today's first table.
The weekly chart is positive but overbought with the five-week modified moving average at $594.36. Annual value levels are $586.06 and $517.05 with weekly and monthly risky levels at $639.78 and $647.58 with the high in-between these levels.Amazon (AMZN) ($308.84) is up just 2% since May 12 after setting a 2014 low at $284.38 on May 9. The stock has been below its 200-day SMA at $342.99 since April 3. The weekly chart shifts to positive given a close this week above its five-week MMA at $313.88. Weekly and annual value levels are $293.84 and $259.67, respectively, with annual and semiannual risky levels at $334.95 and $351.24, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV