IMS 2014 – In Booth #515 Peregrine Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ: PSMI), founder of RF SOI (silicon on insulator) and pioneer of advanced RF solutions, announces the availability of UltraCMOS® PE45140 and PE45450 RF power limiters. Peregrine’s power limiters represent the industry’s first turnkey, monolithic solutions to provide an alternative to discrete, PIN-diode limiters based on gallium arsenide (GaAs). Now shipping, these components offer repeatable and reliable protection designed for test-and-measurement, land-mobile-radio (LMR), wireless-infrastructure, military and radar systems.
“Peregrine is excited to deliver the industry’s first monolithic power limiters – UltraCMOS PE45140 and PE45450 – today,” says Kinana Hussain, senior marketing manager at Peregrine. “Because we were able to architect the entire solution onto a single chip, Peregrine’s programmable power limiters offer unique flexibility and unprecedented, robust RF protection to designers of test-and-measurement equipment, LMRs, wireless-infrastructure devices and military and radar systems.”
Peregrine designed the UltraCMOS PE45140 to accommodate the frequency ranges needed in military, LMR and radar applications. Specifically, this power limiter can protect RF front ends and low-noise amplifiers (LNAs) in LMRs; tactical radio receivers from intentional jammers in military warfare; and transceiver (TRX) modules in radiolocation, shipborne and air-traffic-control (ATC) radar systems. Designed for higher frequency ranges, the PE45450 can protect RF ports in test-and-measurement equipment and RF receivers in wireless-infrastructure equipment.
Both power limiters feature:
- High maximum power handling up to 50 W
- Form factor as much as eight times smaller than PIN diode solutions
- Greater than 40 dB linearity (IIP3) improvement over PIN diode solutions
- Fast response-and-recovery time of less than one nanosecond
- Adjustable limiting threshold starting as low as +22 dBm and reaching as high as +35 dBm
- Superior ESD ratings as high as 8 kV HBM
- Dual-mode operation (power-limiting mode and power-reflecting mode)
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts