Celanese Corporation (NYSE: CE), a global technology and specialty materials company, is helping to advance gas-assist injection molding by providing material and processing expertise that IVP Plastics, a provider of solutions for thermoplastic components and assemblies, is using to reduce weight and costs of tubular cooling system parts for automotive engines.
“Celanese has a long relationship in working with IVP Plastics to solve material challenges, especially those found under the hood. Fortron ® polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) excels in these extreme heat and aggressive operating conditions that are pushing material limits,” said Edward Hallahan, Fortron PPS global marketing manager for Celanese.
Auto designers and engineers are looking for new material solutions that will help them meet fuel economy and emission standards. As engine compartments are becoming smaller and more compact, traditional metal tubing and rubber hoses are no longer an option.
“Our unique application of gas-assist molding technology can create a one-shot injection-molded, non-linear hollow shape with 90 degree turns and molded fastening points,” said James Mechowski of IVP Plastics. “Glass-filled, low-viscosity Fortron PPS is the ideal solution from a molding and performance perspective.”The IVP Plastics molding process:
- reduces steps in the manufacturing process;
- eliminates traditional welding, brazing and plating processes;
- provides a more dimensionally accurate component with no chance of rust;
- reduces component cost and weight by as much as 50 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV