Internet Brands, a leading provider of vertically-focused online media and software services, announced it has signed a definitive agreement under which KKR, a leading global investment firm, will acquire Internet Brands from Hellman & Friedman and JMI Equity. KKR is making its investment in partnership with Internet Brands chief executive officer Bob Brisco and the Internet Brands management team, who will hold a minority stake in the company and continue to run the business.
Internet Brands operates leading branded websites and vertical software solutions in four primary markets: auto, health, legal and home / travel. The Company’s properties attract more than 100 million unique visitors per month and serve more than 100,000 SMBs and advertisers. The Company has approximately 1,600 employees and is headquartered in El Segundo, Calif.
CEO Bob Brisco said, "We're delighted to be partnering with KKR at this important juncture in our business, when we have dramatically expanded our client solutions portfolio and our growth in key areas is accelerating."
Herald Chen, Member of KKR and Co-Head of the firm’s technology investing team, added, “Internet Brands is at an exciting inflection point of growth as the company transitions from a portfolio of web assets to a vertically integrated provider of media and client software solutions. Its growth has been driven by its propriety operating platform and a management team with a focused vision. We look forward to partnering with the team and supporting the company in its next phase of growth.”Tarim Wasim, Managing Director of Hellman & Friedman, added, “We have had a very successful partnership with Bob and the entire Internet Brands team. We are proud of the Company’s performance and transformation, and wish the team continued success under KKR’s ownership.” Internet Brands operates leading brands in the following categories:
- Auto: #1 pure play auto OEM technology and data provider Autodata Solutions; #1 auto enthusiast communities
- Health: #1 web presence solutions providers for medical professionals: Officite, iMatrix, TherapySites, and Baystone Media
- Legal: #1 web presence solutions providers for legal professionals: Martindale-Hubbell and Nolo
- Home/Travel: #1 frequent flier community FlyerTalk.com; #1 apartment review site ApartmentRatings.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV