Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD)
- KKD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.4 million.
- KKD traded 89,417 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:19 AM, representing 11.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KKD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KKD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KKD: Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a branded retailer and wholesaler of doughnuts, beverages, and treats and packaged sweets. The company operates through four segments: Company Stores, Domestic Franchise, International Franchise, and KK Supply Chain. KKD has a PE ratio of 39.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Krispy Kreme Doughnuts a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.55 and a short float of 11.6% with 8.01 days to cover. Shares are down 2.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Krispy Kreme Doughnuts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 200.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 40.45% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.48 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.77 versus $0.48).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 208.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.78 million to $14.76 million.
- KKD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, KKD has a quick ratio of 1.78, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- You can view the full Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.