SINGAPORE and DANBURY, Conn., June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading relocation and human resources professionals ranked Singapore as the No. 1 place in Asia for a dream job transfer, according to a survey conducted by Cartus at the ERC Worldwide Conference in Shanghai in April.
When asked, "If you could accept a job transfer anywhere in Asia, where would it be?" Singapore (29 percent) topped Hong Kong (26 percent), and China (19 percent). Japan (10 percent), Thailand (5 percent), and Australia (4 percent) rounded out the top six destinations.
When it comes to the top country for a dream job transfer anywhere in the world, human resources professionals in Shanghai overwhelmingly selected the United States (37 percent). In January, a Cartus survey found New York City named as the No. 1 dream job location in the U.S.
Perhaps even more important than money is access to instantaneous communications, according to the relocation professionals, who were asked: "If you could only pack one item to go on your assignment, what would it be?" The following are the top four responses:
- Mobile phone (22 percent)
- Tablet (19 percent)
- Laptop/PC (17 percent)
- Books and credit cards (tied: 6 percent)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV