SAN JOSE, Calif. and TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Computex – MontaVista® Software, LLC, a leader in Carrier Grade Linux and Cloud Platform software solutions, today announced the availability of the MV Cloud platform for the ThunderX SoC product family from Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, cloud, data center, wired and wireless infrastructure.
MV Cloud is built upon MontaVista's seventh generation CGE7 product, a high availability Carrier Grade Linux operating system that is optimized for networking performance and operation in embedded, low latency environments. MV Cloud enables rapid deployment of a highly reliable and high performance cloud platforms that are open, extensible with a rich application ecosystem. MV Cloud extends support for a massive ecosystem of open source and third party software that includes KVM, OpenvSwitch (OVS), Open Data Plane (ODP), Openstack and Open DayLight. In addition, MV Cloud offers significant key differentiating features that include:
- Hypervisor layer that provides realtime-deterministic latency response and optimized capabilities for resource utilization and reservation for virtualized environment
- Tools for Analytics, debugging and Traceability across the layers of the entire Cloud platform.
- Application context and intelligence through a fully integrated Policy Management framework
- OSS/BSS integration specifically customized for virtualized loads built on top of Cloud environments like NFV.
- Optimization and improved latency for Cloud RAN use cases
- Cloud platform intelligence for providing function and service offload in the hardware.
Together these features provide a focused fit for NFV, Cloud RAN and SDN customers.
MontaVista will deliver a tightly integrated and highly optimized solution for the ThunderX SoC Family. MV Cloud leverages the workload optimized features of ThunderX that enable offloading of networking, security and data plane processing, and dynamic VM per core allocation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV