DETROIT, June 3, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Detroit Telematics -- Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, will showcase its expanded portfolio of M2M automotive solutions at Detroit Telematics 2014. Delivering a unique combination of innovative technologies, the comprehensive offering includes a range of leading edge Gemalto Cinterion ® automotive-grade connectivity solutions. The demos provide tangible implementations of connected car features such as high-speed mobile connectivity enabling advanced GPS navigational features and eCall capabilities for roadside security. Leveraging Near Field Communication (NFC) technology in a network of trusted partners allows for secure keyless car entry and ignition while Gemalto's On-Demand Connectivity solution creates a flexible subscription management service for all M2M devices.
The smart device ecosystem enables the Internet of Things (IoT) by connecting cars, physical objects and elements to enhance the user experience. Demonstrations at Gemalto's Detroit Telematics booth MRV2 show a range of embedded software, secure devices, platforms and hosted services:
- Automotive-grade M2M technology powers onboard eCall safety systems
- NFC allows the driver to securely unlock a car door solely via a mobile device.
- On-Demand Connectivity lays the ground work for widespread adoption of connected devices through remote provisioning worldwide
"Advancing the vision of the connected car, Gemalto has a comprehensive portfolio designed for the needs of the automotive industry such as remote subscription management that increases the lifecycle of a device," said Lars Thyroff, Head of Automotive for Gemalto. " Within the trusted partner environment of secure services, our latest 4G features and automotive grade M2M technology transforms a car from a mode of transportation into high-speed connectivity hub capable of powering advanced intelligent driving services."About Gemalto Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO) is the world leader in digital security with 2013 annual revenues of €2.4 billion and more than 12,000 employees operating out of 85 offices and 25 research and software development centers, located in 44 countries. We are at the heart of the rapidly evolving digital society. Billions of people worldwide increasingly want the freedom to communicate, travel, shop, bank, entertain and work – anytime, everywhere – in ways that are enjoyable and safe. Gemalto delivers on their expanding needs for personal mobile services, payment security, authenticated cloud access, identity and privacy protection, eHealthcare and eGovernment efficiency, convenient ticketing and dependable machine-to-machine (M2M) applications. We develop secure embedded software and secure products which we design and personalize. Our platforms and services manage these products, the confidential data they contain and the trusted end-user services made possible.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV