National Health Investors (NYSE: NHI) announced today the $11.5 million acquisition of a 56-unit assisted living community specializing in memory care services in Sacramento, California. Built in 1999, the community is private-pay, and 94% occupied with monthly revenue per occupied unit of $7,300. The purchase was funded by NHI’s revolving credit facility.
A subsidiary of Chancellor Health Care, LLC will lease and operate the community for an initial 15-year term with two renewal options for 10 years each. The initial lease rate is 8% plus fixed annual escalators.
“This community is a nice addition to our portfolio and the transaction offers NHI the opportunity to expand our relationship with Chancellor Health Care,” said Justin Hutchens, NHI’s CEO and President.
About NHINational Health Investors, Inc. (NYSE: NHI) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) specializing in financing healthcare real estate by sale-leaseback, joint-venture, mortgages and mezzanine financing. NHI’s investments include senior housing (assisted living, memory care, independent living and senior living campuses), skilled nursing, medical office buildings and specialty hospitals. NHI was incorporated and publicly listed in 1991. For more information, visit www.nhireit.com. About Chancellor Health Care, LLC Incorporated in 1992, Chancellor Health Care (CHC) develops and manages long-term senior care communities by providing housing, supportive services and skilled nursing. CHC cares for more than 400 seniors throughout California, Colorado and Maryland. For more information, visit www.chancellorhealthcare.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV