NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Friday the 13th has turned out to be a busy news day in the financial world. On CNBC's "Cramer's Mad Dash" segment, TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, was focused on retail.
Specifically, he was looking at Lands' End (LE), which reported its first earnings report as a public company and it "turned out to be amazing."
CEO Edgar Huber and the company's board members are "brilliant," he added. The company has a good balance sheet, the brand isn't tarnished, and the management is extraordinary.
Turning to Express (EXPR), Sycamore Partners, a private equity firm, took a 10% stake in the struggling retailer and is looking to possibly acquire the company in full.Express is too niche right now, Cramer said, adding that it if it were paired with other apparel companies, it could be "very powerful."
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell Cramer: Can Tech Take the Leadership Mantle? Sony Pictures Is Hoping '22 Jump Street' Marks the Studio's Turnaround Galena Promoting Experimental Breast Cancer Drug With Faux News Articles Again Express Adopts Poison Pill as Sycamore Partners Buys Shares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV