- Sequential read and write speeds up to 550MB/s and 500 MB/s respectively on all file types*
- Up to 89 percent more energy efficient than a typical hard drive**
- Industry-leading feature set includes best-in-class hardware encryption, Native Write Acceleration, Redundant Array of Independent NAND (RAIN), Exclusive Data Defense, Adaptive Thermal Protection, and Power Loss Protection
BOISE, Idaho, and GLASGOW, United Kingdom, June 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, announced today the new Crucial ® MX100 solid state drive (SSD). Available in 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB capacities with respective MSRPs of $79.99, $109.99, and $224.99, the new Crucial MX100 offers powerful speeds and advanced features at a low cost per gigabyte.The Crucial MX100 256GB and 512GB drives utilize Micron's new 16 nanometer (nm) 128gb NAND, in addition to a SATA 6Gb/s controller and custom firmware, to deliver up to 90,000 input/output operations per second (IOPS). With true 550/500 MB/s sequential read/write speeds on both compressible and incompressible data,* the Crucial MX100 allows users to boot up almost instantly, load programs in seconds, and accelerate demanding applications. Furthermore, at up to 89 percent more efficient than a hard drive, the new MX100 SSD allows users to run systems longer, using less power.** The Crucial MX100 SSD also offers one of the most comprehensive feature sets available:
- Best-in-class hardware encryption keeps personal and sensitive information safe in the event of device theft or loss.
- Native Write Acceleration spreads the drive's workload across several elements to save and transfer files in seconds rather than minutes.
- Redundant Array of Independent NAND technology increases security and protection of data to a level that's rarely found in consumer-class SSDs.
- Exclusive Data Defense guards against corrupt files.
- Adaptive Thermal Protection adjusts storage component activity based on how the drive is used to keep the system cool.
- Power Loss Protection preserves data even if the power goes out.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV