- Offers introductory speeds starting at 2666 MT/s and 3000 MT/s and expected to increase as the technology matures
- Increases memory bandwidth up to 24GB/s, nearly double the bandwidth of standard DDR3 memory
- Supports Intel ® XMP 2.0 profiles and modules are optimized for the latest Intel X99 platforms
- Available in 4GB and 8GB modules, as well as 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB kits
- Introduces a new design to the Ballistix line-up with an aggressively styled anodized aluminum heat spreader on a custom-designed black PCB
BOISE, Idaho and GLASGOW, United Kingdom, June 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crucial, a leading global brand of memory and storage upgrades, today announced new Crucial ® Ballistix ® Elite DDR4 memory modules, which deliver the next generation of memory to high performance gaming. Designed for gamers and enthusiasts, Ballistix Elite DDR4 memory delivers introductory speeds that start at 2666 MT/s and 3000 MT/s and is expected to get faster as the technology matures. The new modules offer nearly twice the bandwidth of mainstream DDR3 memory at up to 24GB/s, and deliver improved system responsiveness and increased frame rates. Furthermore, Ballistix Elite DDR4 memory delivers up to 40 percent more power efficiency than standard DDR3 memory.Designed for the ultimate gaming experience, Ballistix Elite DDR4 modules are optimized for next-generation Intel ® X99 platforms with support for XMP 2.0 profiles. The new modules also introduce a new design to the Ballistix line-up, featuring an aggressively styled anodized aluminum heat spreader for improved heat dissipation on a custom-designed black PCB. Supported by the Ballistix Memory Overview Display (M.O.D.) utility, an integrated thermal sensor allows for real-time temperature monitoring which aids in overclocking efforts. "Gamers and enthusiasts push their systems to the limit and are always looking for ways to reduce bottlenecks," said Jeremy Mortenson, product marketing manager, Crucial. "With the introduction of Ballistix DDR4, the fastest memory speeds and bandwidths are now more accessible. Along with making peak performance attainable, Ballistix DDR4 also sets up gamers and enthusiasts for the next wave of performance that will only be possible with newer platforms using DDR4."