The Board of Directors of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) announced the results of shareholder voting that took place during the Company’s 2014 annual meeting earlier today.
- The Company’s shareholders elected for one-year terms all those nominated to the Board of Directors: William C. Ballard, Jr., Edson Bueno, M.D., Richard T. Burke, Robert J. Darretta, Stephen J. Hemsley, Michele J. Hooper, Rodger A. Lawson, Douglas W. Leatherdale, Glenn M. Renwick, Kenneth I. Shine, M.D. and Gail R. Wilensky, Ph.D. UnitedHealth Group directors stand for election annually.
- Shareholders cast advisory votes approving the Company’s executive compensation.
- Shareholders ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as the Company’s independent registered public accounting firm.
- Shareholders rejected shareholder proposals regarding cumulative voting and additional disclosure of advocacy expenditures.
About UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group (NYSE: UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company dedicated to helping people live healthier lives and making health care work better. With headquarters in Minnetonka, Minn., UnitedHealth Group offers a broad spectrum of products and services through two distinct platforms: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health care coverage and benefits services; and Optum, which provides information and technology-enabled health services. Through its businesses, UnitedHealth Group serves more than 85 million people worldwide. For more information, visit UnitedHealth Group at www.unitedhealthgroup.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV