That's why Micron shares have risen from $5 a share in 2012 to $31 today as demand for memory has slowly been rising while costs have been falling and, for the first time, there aren't competitors racing to fill the void.
The facts have changed for Micron, Cramer concluded, and today we saw the first analyst taking notice.
GNC vs. Vitamin Shoppe
Cramer explained that when GNC last reported, shares fell 15% on its poor results, taking Vitamin Shoppe, which reported the following day, along for the ride, down 5%. But unlike GNC, which really did have a horrible quarter, Vitamin Shoppe actually didn't do that bad and simply fell victim to GNC's results.The markets are treating both these stocks the same, Cramer said, and that should not be the case, as GNC's same store sales fell 0.7%, but Vitamin Shoppe saw a 3.6% increase in sales. GNC also touted the company's new loyalty program as a big growth driver but so far those results have been unimpressive at best. Cramer said that GNC has become too inconsistent and he's not a buyer. Vitamin Shoppe, on the other hand, increased revenue by 10.3%, has booming internet sales, up 17%, and sports a well-diversified product mix that doesn't rely heavily on the fickle diet products. Vitamin Shoppe also derived 25% of its sales from high-margin private label items, with plans to increase that number dramatically going forward. Trading at just 15 times earnings with a 14% growth rate, Cramer said Vitamin Shoppe is the new clear winner in group, and today's weakness gives investors a terrific entry point.
Executive Decision: Bill CobbFor his "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer sat down with Bill Cobb, president and CEO of H&R Block (HRB), a stock that just delivered a six-cents-a-share earnings beat on a 16% rise in revenue. Shares of H&R Block are up 6% since Cramer last checked in with Cobb back in January.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV