Shares of Apple are down -0.96% to $626.91 on Monday.
The communications and media company announced the latest update for its iOS operating system, the iOS 8.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
The new operating system offers users the option to accept or deny requests straight from the notifications screen on their phones. The user will also be able to respond to messages, or comment on Facebook from notifications, USA Today reported.Apple also announced the Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite which will allow users to connect their iPhone and iPad tablets to their home computer, using the "Handoff Feature" which lets users begin a project on their Mac then complete it on the iPhone or iPad. Using the iOS 7 operating system, the Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite includes a feature that allows users to make and receive phone calls relayed through their iPhone, L.A. Times reported. Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates APPLE INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate APPLE INC (AAPL) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- AAPL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Although AAPL's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.14 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Computers & Peripherals industry and the overall market, APPLE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- 43.45% is the gross profit margin for APPLE INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 22.39% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $13,538.00 million or 8.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, APPLE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 7.77%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AAPL Ratings Report