NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Faruqi and Faruqi, a New York-based national securities firm, announced today that it's investigating the board of directors of American Reality Capital Healthcare Trust Inc. (HCT) regarding the sale of the company to Ventas Inc. (VTR).
Shares of American Reality Capital Healthcare Trust are up 8.34% to $10.78 on news of the $2.6 billion sale.
The securities firm said they are investigating the board to determine if it breached its fiduciary duties to the company's shareholders by not conducting a fair sales process "and whether and by how much this proposed transaction undervalues the company to the detriment of ARC Healthcare's shareholders."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV