SAN DIEGO, June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- AMN Healthcare Services, Inc. (NYSE: AHS), the innovator in healthcare workforce solutions and largest provider of staffing services in the nation, announced the release of its first annual 2013 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report. The CSR Report establishes AMN's strategic vision for its CSR efforts and, utilizing international reporting standards, establishes baseline measures of the Company's efforts related to team members, client solutions, community engagement, environmental issues, and economic health and governance. The 2013 report also includes actionable plans to further enhance AMN's efforts in 2014 and beyond.
"As a company, we believe our responsibility extends beyond business operations to also serve as a partner to our communities, enhancing the societies in which we operate, and positively impacting our internal team and the people we serve. We have made important contributions over the past 25 years, but our dedication to respect, trust and continuous improvement drive us to do more. We are proud to be the first company in the healthcare staffing and workforce solutions space to publish a CSR report, and we look forward to sharing our continued efforts each year," stated Susan Salka, AMN's President and CEO.
Some of the accomplishments highlighted in the report include:
- Team members – The Company annually surveys team members for continuous improvement, offers extensive training and development opportunities, and offers a reimbursement program for training and education.
- Client solutions – As a leading provider of workforce solutions and the largest healthcare staffing company in the U.S., AMN ensures high quality clinicians and physicians, complying with The Joint Commission accreditation, and was recently awarded the Compliance and Integrity Award from Novation, a leading healthcare group purchasing organization.
- Community engagement – AMN supports local, national and international non-profit organizations dedicated to health, disaster recovery, children's initiatives and civic initiatives, and team members volunteered more than 6,000 hours in 2013.
- Environmental issues – Company efforts have led to recycling an estimated 6,-7,000 pounds of waste per week, and AMN is implementing programs and services that will reduce energy consumption, greenhouse gas emissions, waste to landfills and water usage.
- Economic health and governance – AMN provides several business ethics and compliance trainings, including in the areas of competitive business practices and data privacy, as well as biennial Code of Conduct trainings. In 2013, AMN delivered a 27% shareholder return due to execution of its differentiated strategy.
The report was prepared as a "Core in Accordance" Report using the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines introduced in 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts