In celebration of LGBT Pride Month, Comcast today announced the redesign of its Xfinity.com/LGBT portal which features a curated collection of TV and movie selections as well as original entertainment, news and behind the scenes interviews. The company will also provide its Xfinity TV subscribers free access to HERE TV ( www.heretv.com) via Xfinity On Demand from June 10 – 16.
“Comcast is proud to offer a variety of destinations, programming and experiences uniquely designed for the LGBT community,” said Marcien Jenckes, Executive Vice President, Consumer Services, Comcast Cable. “The new site will give our Xfinity TV customers even more access to the best entertainment choices with more ways to watch LGBT content year-round across devices."
The sophisticated new Xfinity.com/LGBT curates the best online video content from Comcast’s programming partners and provides Xfinity TV subscribers with full episodes and clips of their favorite TV shows, box office hits, relevant news headlines, community resources, and viewing recommendations for a wide variety of LGBT films, television shows, documentaries and more. Through the site, Xfinity TV subscribers can stream the best LGBT movies or television series directly to their computers or mobile devices using the “Watch Now” feature. Non-Xfinity subscribers can also enjoy access to original entertainment news stories, in-depth features, event coverage and celebrity interviews highlighting topics of importance to the LGBT community.
Key Xfinity.com/LGBT highlights to look for throughout the month of June include:
- Comprehensive weekly “LGBT What to Watch Guide” packed information about the latest shows and films featuring LGBT characters.
- Newly curated TV collections including LGBT Teen and film collections like Groundbreakers showcasing iconic LGBT films.
- GLAAD National Spokesperson, Wilson Cruz takes a turn as a celebrity guest curator.
- Behind the scenes set visits and cast interviews with ABC Family’s The Fosters and USA’s White Collar.
- New Xfinity On Demand TV shows to watch across platforms like B.O.R.N. To Style from FYI of the A+E Networks portfolio.
- Special collection spotlighting HBO’s acclaimed film, The Normal Heart featuring a host of original interviews and video clips.