HARTFORD, Conn., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- United Technologies Building & Industrial Systems chief sustainability officer John Mandyck today offered the following comment regarding the Obama administration's proposed carbon emission regulation:
"The administration's plan to reduce carbon emissions recognizes the critical role of energy efficiency. By improving the energy efficiency of our homes and buildings, we lower consumer energy costs and carbon emissions together. Policymakers must encourage these cost-effective technologies.
"We have an immense opportunity to improve the energy efficiency of the American economy. Americans spend approximately $430 billion annually to power homes and buildings – an amount comparable to what the entire private sector spends annually on health insurance. Empowering states to include energy efficiency as a pathway to reducing carbon emissions can lower state compliance costs, cut energy bills and encourage a more energy-efficient economy."
About UTC Building & Industrial Systems UTC Building & Industrial Systems is the world's largest provider of building technologies. Its elevator, escalator, fire-safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems and services promote integrated, high-performance buildings that are safer, smarter and sustainable. UTC Building & Industrial Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.BIS.UTC.com or follow @UTCBIS on Twitter.
SOURCE UTC Building & Industrial Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV