NEW YORK, June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- This week in New York City, InterContinental Hotels Group ( IHG) [LON: IHG, NYSE: IHG (ADRs)], one of the world's leading hotel companies, illustrates how movies inspire travel through its "Reel Summer" video contest on the heels of announcing its "Reel Summer" promotion. From June 2 through Sept. 2, 2014, movie fans in the U.S., Canada, Chile and Colombia can record a short video on their mobile device, showcasing their creativity and passion for the movies. One lucky IHG ® Rewards Club member will win the grand prize–an exclusive meet-and-greet and one-on-one sit-down lunch with actor Josh Lucas, star of "Sweet Home Alabama," "Glory Road" and the upcoming NBC TV show "The Mysteries of Laura" scheduled to air in the U.S.
The "Reel Summer" video contest offers IHG ® Rewards Club members a chance to demonstrate their star power in just 15 seconds using their mobile device.
- Eligible participants should register online at www.ihg.com/myreelsummer and record a 15-second video, via their smartphones or tablets, showcasing their passion for the movies or describing a recent real life story reminiscent of a "movie moment"
- The final video should be uploaded to Instagram and include the #ReelSummerContest hashtag
- All approved submissions will be featured in an online gallery at www.ihg.com/myreelsummer, where consumers can vote daily for their favorite video and share videos across social media networks
- The top 25 videos earning the most consumer votes will be sent to a casting director who, upon review, will select the grand prize winner
- The contest runs from June 2, 2014 through midnight EDT on Sept. 2, 2014
In addition to the online contest component, IHG ® Rewards Club will be placing "Reel Summer" pop-up video kiosks in New York City, Atlanta, San Francisco and Toronto throughout the months of June and July. At each kiosk, passers-by will be invited to step in front of a green screen, select their props and record a 15-second video to submit to the "Reel Summer" contest.
Everyone is invited to visit the kiosks:
- Wednesday, June 4, 2014: Flatiron Plaza North in New York from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT
- Saturday, June 14, 2014: Lenox Square Mall in Atlanta from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. EDT
- Sunday, June 22, 2014: Toronto Eaton Centre in Toronto, Canada from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. EDT
- Friday, July 18, 2014: Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. PDT
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV