Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) today announced that the Agilent EEsof EDA W1918 LTE-Advanced baseband verification library has added support for key 4G technologies, such as Adaptive Modulation and Coding (AMC) and Coordinated Multi-Point (CoMP).
The new modeling and simulation capability enables wireless system architects to model sophisticated dynamic behaviors and realistic performance at cell edges according to the physical layer (PHY) specifications of 3GPP Releases 10 and 11. This accelerates the design and verification process for 4G chipsets and infrastructure, enabling faster deployment.
The newly supported 4G technologies enable wireless infrastructure to tailor signals in marginal coverage areas to a particular mobile phone, using adaptive and cooperative techniques that go beyond simple 1:1 interaction between the transmitter and receiver. This dynamic behavior makes validation of the PHY algorithms, RF components and link-level throughput progressively more difficult in R&D—both in EDA simulations as well as test equipment—because negotiation and interaction are often required. That is, a complete working system is required to verify baseband algorithms, RF components and throughput under realistic conditions, making this process problematic in early R&D, prior to final hardware integration and test.
The SystemVue simulation environment, Agilent’s premier platform for electronic system-level design, is able to reproduce these conditions in R&D with the help of the W1918 LTE-Advanced library. Updates to the W1918 library include:
- AMC with active HARQ feedback, which re-configures the modulation and coding rates during simulation, varying the sample rates as needed, while maintaining the full RF accuracy of the physical layer models;
- Dynamic Point Selection (DPS), a CoMP technique that enables multiple basestations to provide coordinated signals to a single mobile; and
- Simulation support for PUCCH format 3.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts