NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Himax Technologies
(HIMX) shares continue to plummet on Monday, down -7.47% to $6.14, following rumors last week that the company was loosing Google Glass
(GOOGL) as one of its clients.
Despite the unconfirmed nature of the rumors, the stock continues to fall in trading.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Seking Alpha points to signs that the rumors are false, including the company's optimistic outlook for its LCOS microdisplay business.
"Himax says that its LCOS microdisplay business is doing well. It continues to work with multiple customers, including well-known names, on multiple designs simultaneously... The LCOS microdisplay business still remains the most exciting and significant long-term growth area for Himax, according to management," said contributor Anup Singh.
TheStreet Ratings team rates HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC (HIMX) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- HIMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.03 million to $15.71 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HIMX Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.