NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Himax Technologies
(HIMX - Get Report) shares continue to plummet on Monday, down -7.47% to $6.14, following rumors last week that the company was loosing Google Glass
(GOOGL - Get Report) as one of its clients.
Despite the unconfirmed nature of the rumors, the stock continues to fall in trading.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Seking Alpha points to signs that the rumors are false, including the company's optimistic outlook for its LCOS microdisplay business.
"Himax says that its LCOS microdisplay business is doing well. It continues to work with multiple customers, including well-known names, on multiple designs simultaneously... The LCOS microdisplay business still remains the most exciting and significant long-term growth area for Himax, according to management," said contributor Anup Singh.
TheStreet Ratings team rates HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:"We rate HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC (HIMX) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, reasonable valuation levels and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- HIMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HIMX's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.56, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.46 versus $0.35).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 12.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $14.03 million to $15.71 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: HIMX Ratings Report