WHAT'S NOTABLE: JDS Uniphase and ADTRAN both recently announced new share repurchasing plans. Ciena is expected to announce its second quarter results on June 5.
PRICE ACTION: In early trading, Ciena fell 2.4% to $18.93, Juniper lost 0.5% to $24.35, JDS Uniphade slid 2% to $10.75, ADTRAN declined 2% to $22, Alcatel-Lucent slid 2.7% to $3.90, and Finisar was fractionally higher at $23.81.
Reporting by Larry Ramer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV