Woolworth Building Penthouse Sets Lower Manhattan Record at $110 Million
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Developers are asking for a record $110 million for the penthouse apartment of the iconic Woolworth Building in New York, which is the most expensive price in history for a condo in lower Manhattan, according to a report from Bloomberg.
If you're in the market for a room with a view, the penthouse apartment of the iconic Woolworth Building in Manhattan is available for a cool $110 million.That's the most expensive price in history for a condo in lower Manhattan, according to a report from Bloomberg. The report said that upper floors of the landmark building are being converted into luxury apartments that start at $3.5 million for a 1,200-square-foot unit on the 44th floor, according to plans filed with New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's office. The plans said the penthouse measures nearly 9,000 square feet and features a nearly 600-square-foot terrace. It has four bedrooms, a private elevator, a wine cellar, library or media room and an observation deck. Real estate appraiser Jonathan Miller told Bloomberg that it's unclear the market will support the $110 million price, as it's the first at that price point downtown.
In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV