NTT Communications, Cisco and Cyan announced today that the three leading technology companies are collaborating and partnering with others to provide 100G IP connectivity to NANOG 61, taking place in Bellevue, WA, June 2-4. The North American Network Operators Group ( NANOG), an association for Internet engineering and architecture professionals that focuses on the technologies and systems that make the Internet function, hosts NANOG meetings across North America three times per year.
NTT Communications, Cisco and Cyan Collaborate to Provide First 100G IP Network for NANOG 61. A Picture of the 100G IP Demo is Shown Here. (Photo: Business Wire)
The 100G network connects the NANOG 61 venue (the Hyatt Regency Bellevue) to NTT Com’s Point of Presence (PoP) at the Westin Building in Seattle, the region’s largest data center and network interconnection hub. The 100G connection is enabled by Cisco ASR 9900 and 9904 routers and powered by Cisco’s IOS ® XR Network Operating System, as well as Cyan’s Z-Series packet-optical hardware in combination with Cyan’s Blue Planet platform. Cyan’s hardware and software solution and Cisco routers seamlessly integrate with NTT Com’s backbone and automated provisioning of 10G and 100G connections on NTT Com’s Software-defined Networking (SDN) platform.
“NTT Com is proud to be the connectivity provider of NANOG 61 and bring 100G IP connectivity to all NANOG 61 attendees,” says Michael Wheeler, Executive Vice President of NTT Communications’ Global IP Network at NTT America. “With fiber directly connected to our Seattle PoP, this ultra-high speed network is a milestone in NANOG’s 20-year history and will ensure that all attendees benefit from a fast, high-quality network experience.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV