NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bidding for the 15th annual GLIDE Foundation Warren Buffett lunch auction has already topped $350,000 -- just one day after starting at $25,000.
Always wanted a sit-down with the Oracle of Omaha? Now's your chance, but it will cost you.The 15th annual GLIDE Foundation Warren Buffett lunch auction has officially gotten underway. Bidding started at $25,000 on June 1 and hit six figures within an hour. At last check, the top bid rings in at $350,300. The winner will receive a lunch with Buffett and up to seven friends at Smith & Wollensky in New York. All proceeds from the auction will go to GLIDE, a San Francisco charity that works for the poor and homeless. Buffett's first wife, Susie, had been a volunteer for the charity, for which he has raised nearly $16 million since 2000. The lunch has been auctioned off for as little as $25,000 and as much as $3.4 million in 2012. As chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A), Buffett has business ties to San Francisco as well. Berkshire Hathaway owns Business Wire and See's Candies, both of the Bay Area. You'll have to pre-qualify if you'd like to bid for the lunch. The auction ends Friday evening.
In New York, I'm Brittany Umar for TheStreet. -- Written by Brittany Umar in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV