SALT LAKE CITY, June 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Black Diamond, Inc. (Nasdaq:BDE) (the "Company" or "Black Diamond"), a leading global supplier of innovative active outdoor performance equipment and apparel, will host its Annual Meeting of Stockholders on June 5, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern time at the Dolby Screening Room, 1350 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10019.
At the Annual Meeting, the Company's stockholders will be asked:
1) To elect the six nominees named in the Company's 2014 Proxy Statement to serve on the Company's Board of Directors until the next Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their successors are duly elected and qualified; 2) To approve an advisory resolution on executive compensation; 3) To ratify the appointment of KPMG LLP as the Company's independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending December 31, 2014; and 4) To transact such other business as may properly come before the Meeting, including to consider any procedural matters incident to the conduct of the Meeting, such as the postponement of the Meeting in order to solicit additional proxies to vote in favor of the matters presented at the Meeting.Stockholders of record at the close of business on April 16, 2014 are entitled to notice of and to vote at the Annual Meeting. If you plan on attending, please RSVP to Black Diamond's investor relations firm: Liolios Group, Inc. Cody Slach Tel 949-574-3860 BDE@liolios.com About Black Diamond, Inc. Black Diamond, Inc. is a global leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing innovative active outdoor performance equipment and apparel for climbing, mountaineering, backpacking, skiing, cycling and a wide range of other year-round outdoor recreation activities. The Company's principal brands, Black Diamond®, Gregory™, POC™ and PIEPS™, are iconic in the active outdoor, ski and cycling industries and linked intrinsically with the modern history of these sports. Black Diamond is synonymous with performance, innovation, durability and safety that the outdoor and action sport communities rely on and embrace in their active lifestyle. Headquartered in Salt Lake City at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, the Company's products are created and tested on some of the best alpine peaks, slopes, crags, roads and trails in the world. These close connections to the Black Diamond lifestyle enhance the authenticity of the Company's brands, inspire product innovation and strengthen customer loyalty. Black Diamond's products are sold in approximately 50 countries around the world. For additional information, please visit the Company's websites at www.blackdiamond-inc.com , www.blackdiamondequipment.com , www.gregorypacks.com , www.pocsports.com or www.pieps.com . Forward-Looking Statements Please note that in this press release we may use words such as "appears," "anticipates," "believes," "plans," "expects," "intends," "future," and similar expressions which constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are made based on our expectations and beliefs concerning future events impacting the Company and therefore involve a number of risks and uncertainties. We caution that forward-looking statements are not guarantees and that actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Potential risks and uncertainties that could cause the actual results of operations or financial condition of the Company to differ materially from those expressed or implied by forward-looking statements in this release include, but are not limited to, the overall level of consumer spending on our products; general economic conditions and other factors affecting consumer confidence; disruption and volatility in the global capital and credit markets; the financial strength of the Company's customers; the Company's ability to implement its growth strategy, including its ability to organically grow each of its historical product lines, its new apparel line and its recently acquired businesses; the Company's ability to successfully integrate and grow acquisitions; the timing and results of the Company's exploration of strategic alternatives to monetize its Gregory Mountain Products business; the Company's exposure to product liability or product warranty claims and other loss contingencies; stability of the Company's manufacturing facilities and foreign suppliers; the Company's ability to protect trademarks and other intellectual property rights; fluctuations in the price, availability and quality of raw materials and contracted products; foreign currency fluctuations; our ability to utilize our net operating loss carryforwards; and legal, regulatory, political and economic risks in international markets. More information on potential factors that could affect the Company's financial results is included from time to time in the Company's public reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Current Reports on Form 8-K. All forward-looking statements included in this press release are based upon information available to the Company as of the date of this press release, and speak only as of the date hereof. We assume no obligation to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this press release.
CONTACT: Company Contact: Warren B. Kanders Executive Chairman Tel 203-428-2000 firstname.lastname@example.org or Peter Metcalf Chief Executive Officer Tel 801-278-5552 email@example.com Investor Relations: Liolios Group, Inc. Scott Liolios or Cody Slach Tel 949-574-3860 BDE@liolios.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV