DEERFIELD, Ill., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mondelez International Foundation today unveiled plans with its global community partners to bring nutrition education, active play and fresh foods to more than one million children and their families in Australia, Brazil, China, India and Russia as part of its multi-year, $50 million commitment to promote healthy lifestyles and address obesity. Today's announcement is in line with Mondelez International's Call For Well-being and will help empower communities to address the needs of some of the more than 30 million overweight children around the world, especially in developing markets.
"We share our partners' beliefs that helping people – especially children – adopt small habits like making balanced food choices, preparing healthy snacks and moving more can lead to big changes in their well-being and that of their communities," said Nicole Robinson, President of the Mondelez International Foundation. "We're working side-by-side with our community partners to arm people with the resources and know-how to make decisions that can lead to a lifetime of good health."
This March, Mondelez International issued a Call For Well-being to urge its employees, suppliers and community partners to join together to develop new approaches that can have a positive impact on the planet and its people. The Call For Well-being focuses on four key areas where the company can make the greatest impact: mindful snacking, sustainability, community and safety. Today's commitments answer the call for community initiatives that inspire a dialogue around what it means to live well and what can be done to make well-being a reality for years to come.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV