SAN JOSE, Calif., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for enterprise, data center, cloud, wired and wireless networking, today announced a broad range of new SoC solutions for RAN core and cloud infrastructure at Computex 2014. Live product demonstrations based on OCTEON, OCTEON Fusion and PureVu SoCs will take place in Cavium's suite #2412 at the Grand Hyatt hotel from June 3rd – 7th.
Cavium's low power OCTEON multi-core SoCs are ideal for range of applications including fan less and POE design. Cavium's SoC processors integrate low power, high performance CPU cores and best in class hardware acceleration.
Cavium's OCTEON Fusion processors deliver industry-leading capacity and throughput for a range of 3G/LTE enterprise and service provider small cell solutions. OCTEON Fusion is based on an advanced multi-core SoC architecture that incudes integrated purpose-built baseband DSP cores, high performance MIPS64 cores, extensive hardware accelerators and digital front end (DFE) processing, all in a single chip.
Cavium's PureVu Media processors offer dedicated cores for secured media processing for low price and power for performance for Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Media player applications. Turnkey reference designs and SDK are available for low cost of development and reduced time-to-market.During Computex Cavium personnel will demonstrate the following product lines at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412:
- OCTEON® multi-core processors for a range of energy efficient and high performance platforms.
- Live demo of 802.11ac wireless access point turnkey reference design with TurboDPI-based application recognition and rich security features, based on latest–generation OCTEON III processor.
- Live demo of security VPN gateway based on latest-generation of OCTEON III processor.
- Demonstration of OCTEON III based headless gateway transcoding and streaming multiple contents using PureVu engine.
- Prosumer Network Attached Storage reference design kit on display with turnkey, production-ready NAS application software.
- OCTEON III ODM partner solutions on display.
- OCTEON Fusion LTE small cell baseband processors for low power, high performance FDD and TDD basestations.
- Live, over–the–air TD–LTE demonstration of the new lower power, lower cost small cell eNodeB, based on Cavium's manufacturable hardware design kit and deployment–proven LTE stack and management software.
- PureVu highly Integrated media SoCs ideal for universal Hybrid IPTV STBs, IPTV stick clients, wireless display TV adapter, and integrated module designs optimized for pico projectors, and TVs.
- Reference designs based on CNW83xx family of products for low–latency encode–decode solutions.
- 1080p, USB powered and small footprint with OTT, WiDi ®, DLNA and Miracast™.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts