ANDOVER, Mass., June 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Philips Respironics, a division of Royal Philips (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHIA), will showcase its latest sleep-disordered breathing solutions June 1-4 at SLEEP 2014, the 28th Annual Meeting of the Associated Professional Sleep Societies LLC (APSS).
Philips will present innovations that span the continuum of care, helping to diagnose, treat and manage sleep disorders. Physicians will have the opportunity to see new options in home sleep testing, CPAP masks, and programs that enhance patient engagement and long-term care.
"Evidence shows that motivated, educated patients embrace therapy and participate more fully in their own care," says Teofilo Lee Chiong, M.D., Chief Medical Liaison, Philips Healthcare. "Philips is creating an ecosystem of medical devices and services, using smart technology, to empower patients and advance the effectiveness of sleep therapy."
At SLEEP 2014 in Minneapolis, MN, Philips will spotlight the following products and services that are part of the industry's broadest portfolio of insight-driven solutions.Easy and reliable sleep testing in the home The Alice NightOne home sleep testing system, which Philips will preview at SLEEP 2014, is making home sleep testing (HST) easy for patients and sleep professionals.
- Intuitive design and a "smart guide" enable patients to set up the device on their own with confidence.
- "Good Study Indicator" visually displays the amount of quality data in 25 percent increments, allowing the clinician to decide if the patient needs to repeat the study before returning the device.
- Provides reliable data to differentiate between obstructive, central and positional sleep apnea.
- Collects data on a variety of sleep parameters, 24/7, with advanced sensing capabilities.
- Wristwatch functionality offers convenience for the wearer.
- Actiwatch Spectrum PRO includes subjective scoring capabilities and audible and vibrational alarms.
- Nuance and Nuance Pro, rated by patients as easier to assemble and use than the leading pillows mask.
- Amara silicone and gel masks, both smaller and lighter than the current leading full face mask, with 60% fewer parts.
- Wisp, which combines the performance and comfort of a nasal mask with the aesthetics of a pillows mask.
- Works with EncoreAnywhere and most System One devices to provide a complete therapy and compliance solution.
- Offers clinicians and home care providers multiple ways to connect to their patients, ensuring needed therapy support, efficient resupply, and ultimately, enhanced PAP adherence.
- Combined with the EncoreAnywhere data management system, integrated Bluetooth technology provides OSA patients with a simple way to retrieve their PAP data through the SleepMapper self-management solution.
- Offers homecare providers a cost-effective option for retrieving compliance information.