SALT LAKE CITY, June 2, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq:MYGN) today presented several clinical studies on the Myriad myRisk™ Hereditary Cancer test at the 2014 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago, Illinois. Among the important new findings is that the myRisk test detects significantly more deleterious mutations than single cancer tests and helps solve the overlap dilemma that exists among hereditary cancer syndromes.
"There is robust evidence that hereditary cancers are caused by mutations in many genes and testing for only one hereditary cancer syndrome may lead to missed mutations," said Richard J. Wenstrup, M.D., chief medical officer of Myriad. "The Myriad myRisk test solves this dilemma by evaluating 25 clinically significant genes, which detects more deleterious mutations and people at risk for hereditary cancers."
The Myriad myRisk Hereditary Cancer test uses next-generation sequencing technology to evaluate 25 clinically significant hereditary cancer genes associated with eight major hereditary cancers including: breast, colon, ovarian, endometrial, pancreatic, prostate, gastric cancers and melanoma. The myRisk test results are combined with a patient's personal and family history of cancer and medical society guidelines into a single comprehensive report for the physician, which makes it easier for physicians to tailor treatment plans for patients depending on their level of risk.A summary of the key Myriad studies featured at ASCO follows.
|Multi-gene panel testing in patients suspected to have Lynch syndrome.|
|Matthew Yurgelun. (Podium Presentation; S100a).|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV