Apple iWatch Announcement Could Bring Revolutionary New Payment System
NEW YORK ( LowCards.com) -- The Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco begins today, and one of the latest rumors for a big announcement is that an Apple iWatch with a near-field communication chip will be introduced.
This might not sound like a big deal, but it could be the start of the largest revolution in financial payments since the credit card.
An Apple iWatch is not just a watch with a video screen. No matter what Dick Tracy would lead you to believe, the screen on a watch would be really too small for any useful video application.
But imagine adding an NFC chip and Touch ID to the rumored Apple iWatch. This would enable you to replace all your credit cards and give you the most secure and easiest form of mobile payment on the planet, all in one device.
WATCH: More tech videos on TheStreet TV | More videos from Brittany Umar
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV